Mr John Searby has kindly allowed us to publish his photographs here
This selection of photographs is from John's time in Palestine and includes Palestine, Israel, Eqypt, Sarafand, Nathanya, Port-Said, Tel-Letwinsky, Tel-Aviv, Jaffa and Trans-Jordan. John served as an MT Driver, with the 1st Battalion, The Royal Lincolnshire Regiment.
- Hover over a picture to read the caption
- Click each image to enlarge
- John Searby's War Department Driving Permits
- John Searby's photographs of Sumatra (1945-1946)
- John Searby's photographs of Malaya (1946)
- Major Leslie Allan Clarke, MBE.
- Malta & Palestine 1935-1936
- George Massey, Palestine 1945-1948
- A more recent Middle East campaign - Iraq, 2008
- Newsletters of the 2nd Bn - Palestine 1947-1948
To read a contemporary account of the truck that was blown up (pictures above) please visit http://www.thelincolnshireregiment.org/newsletters/1947news05_p1.pdf and http://www.thelincolnshireregiment.org/newsletters/1947news05_p2.pdf